Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A very Past Due Update

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Last Thursday my FIL fell and broke his hip. So after surgery, a real scare that we thought we would loose him, a few days in ICU he is now on his road to recovery. Today he was moved to the Rehab Institute in Chicago for therapy for a few weeks then he will be back home with out patient therapy for a few months. We will probably be spending part of each weekend will he is Chicago visiting him. This Saturday he will be 82.

I did want to share a finish that I had last night:

I knitted this baby blanket for a good friend of my ds whose wife is expecting there first baby on New Years day. The yarn is called denim I thought it would be perfect for there little boy also seems to be pretty warm good for a winter baby.

Last Tuesday was my EGA Chrismas party. My secret stitcher friend was Mel. She gave me these lovely gifts. I am sorry the picture is not better. She made me a beautiful pink and green braclet.


For the Christmas Ornament exchange I received this lovely ornament from Sandy:



This was part of the gift that I gave to my secret stitcher friend Sue. It is from the 2008 JCS mag. I forgot to take a picture of the other things that I gave her. But I do think I will be making this for myself.


This is the ornmanet that I did for the ornament exchange. It was freebie from Krenik.




I have been tagged a couple of time so look for that post in the next day or two. I was also picked for a PIF so I will be posting my PIF in the next few days also. Until next time,
May you be blessed with stitches,
Karol



2 comments:

Ranae said...

The baby blanket pic is dark, but I am sure it is beautiful.
Those are some awesome exchanges received and given.
I pray for a quick recovery for your FIL.

staci said...

So sorry to hear about your FIL's fall...I hope he has a fast and full recovery.