Sunday, October 26, 2008

Retreat Happenings and Update

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Some times life and stitching just gets in the way. My retreat was awsome!!!! So much fun, food, laughter and stitching!! Can not wait to go again. What a great bunch of gals and of course it is alway nice to spend time with others who share your love for the craft of stitching. Following are some of my pictures of the events. Sorry they are not in a very good order.






The previous two pictures are some of the statsh I picked up at Fancy Works. One of the owners Liz was on the retreat with us. I stopped there Sunday on my way home. What a sweet shop of course I did not stay on my statsh diet. One of the retreat attendes said these are souveniors (maybe it doesn't count then)


This is a picture of some of the dying we did on Sunday. It was taught by Coleen. I have lots of ideas for other projects with dying.



This is a beaded ornament that Liz taught. Everyone finished one! Some even more. It was fun not to hard. I am thinking of doing some more for some present toppers.



This is one of the ornaments I started over the weekend and finished up when I got back it is LHN contribution to the JCS ornament mag. I started two other ornments but need some more fibers to finish will be headed to House of Stitches next Saturday to get them.
When I am at House of Stitches I am also going to be picking up my supplies for my dd and her boyfriends cross stitch pic they picked out of their two boston.
This week I am going to be working on my haed wolf.
I also won a drawing this past week. So stop back later in the week to see what I won!!
Well off to check the laundry then stitch! Dinner is cooking and the house is cleaned!!
May you be blessed with stitches,
Karol



5 comments:

Anne52 said...

It was great to meet you at retreat, Karol! You do gorgeous work. Congrats on the ornament finish. I really like that pattern.

Debra said...

I was so happy to meet you at the retreat. I was a lot of fun and I am also looking forward to the next retreat. Congrats on your finish. I love doing the beaded ornaments, they are fun to do.
Debra in Indiana

Mylene said...

Sounds like you all had a great time.
Your ornament finish looks wonderful.

Cyndi said...

Okay, I'm jealous. You can sew, I can't - I think I'll sign up for the class at Joann's. You went on a retreat - I haven't. You have an EGA you can go to - the one near me won't answer my emails. Ah well. I love your recent dyeing and finishes.

Milly~ said...

The ornament is great!